The Easter holidays are upon us. You probably would be off work and, if you have kids, they would be at home. It’s likely going to be a full house. Unless you’ve got something planned, it would either be a time filled with boredom or chaos. And depending on how it goes you’re likely facing next week Tuesday refreshed or rattled.
Make this time-off worthwhile. Create some awesome memories for yourself, your friends and your family by trying out these tips:
1. Renew Your Mind and Spirit
Chances are you’ve been working every week day with hardly some good time to refresh your spirit and soul. The Easter period has a Christian spiritual significance, what better time for a personal spiritual retreat than now.
- Relax. Simply lie down and rest your mind and body.
- Play some uplifting music or listen to a teaching.
- Spend some time in prayer and meditation.
- Read an inspirational book.
- Write a letter to yourself.
2. Reach Out To Your Friends
Most people are going to be home this time. There’s no excuse like being busy with work or school to keep you from meeting up with friends. Invest some quality time into your friendships and relationships. After all that’s said and done, it’s your friends and loved ones that will be there to make you happy. Show them that they matter.
- Have a dinner date at home. Cook and invite your friends over.
- Schedule to watch a movie at the cinema with a group of friends.
- Go window shopping at a mall, and drool over the things you may never buy.
- Watch a film at home, play board games, and catch up on each other’s lives.
- Plan to surprise each other with Easter presents.
- Contact a long lost friend and wish them Happy Easter.
3. Revamp Your Home
You have may have a lot of clutter in your life, and in your home — something you need a few days more than one weekend to sort out. You’ve got four at a stretch this holiday. So you can squeeze in some time to do the thorough cleaning you’ve only been thinking about.
- Do all your laundry.
- Move all furniture and appliances. Clean underneath, and all nooks and corners.
- Make it a fun time for everyone. Share tasks — involve the whole family.
- Re-arrange your rooms. It gives a feeling of newness.
- Install diffusers or electrical fragrance dispensers in rooms for a sweet smell.
- Place flowers, fresh if you can find them, in the sitting room.
4. Have Fun with the Kids
If you have kids — especially pre-teens — in the house, you’re in for the time of your life! You need to plan activities to keep them happy and involved; and give them a holiday they can brag about to their friends when school starts.
- Paint Easter eggs at home. View these simple tips on the whole process of making Easter eggs.
- Make learning fun with these colouring pages and puzzles and these, too.
- Use your oven! Have fun teaching them how to bake colourful cakes and treats.
- Take them out to an Easter funfair for Children.
- Play out door games.
- Have a quiet time together. Teach them the significance of Easter.
- Know your teens. Have a talk and fun night over a great dinner.
Keep your eyes fixed on Connectnigeria.com for more tips on having a fabulous Easter holiday, and for the best deals, promotions, and offers this season.
More articles from this category