The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) is an Africa-based and African-funded not-for-profit institution dedicated to the promotion and celebration of excellence in business leadership and entrepreneurship across Africa. As a 21st century catalytic philanthropy, the Foundation is committed to the economic transformation of Africa by enhancing the competitiveness and growth of the African private sector.
Led by the Honourable Minister Olusegun Aganga, the Federal Ministry of Trade and investment (FMTI) is the public institution charged with the promotion and facilitation of investment and trade in Nigeria. The goal of the ministry is to promote the development of private sector-led growth of the economy and to encourage the production and distribution of goods and services for both the domestic and international markets with a view to achieving accelerated economic growth and development. The FMTI aims to ensure that trade within Nigeria brings about a sustainable and inclusive growth approach that leads to greater poverty reduction and job creation, which is fundamental to the Transformation Agenda of the President.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
In line with its intent to provide strategic support to key ministries through the TEF Public Sector Competitiveness Programme, The Tony Elumelu Foundation is seeking to engage the services of a suitably qualified candidate for the role of Special Advisor on Investments attached to the Federal Ministry of Trade and Investment. The Special Advisor on Investments will be primarily focused on attracting domestic and foreign investment into many of Nigeria’s key growth sectors. The position is based in Abuja, Nigeria with extensive domestic and international travel and will report directly to the Federal Minister of Trade and Investment.
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution in business management, economics, banking, investments or a relevant discipline (MBA or higher degree is a plus)
- At least seven years of experience at progressively more senior management levels in the investment banking, fund management, and/or pension fund sectors. Must have demonstrable experience in structuring and executing deals, preferably in oil and gas, mining, or agriculture.
- Must have clear investment mind-set and be able to secure and close deals for investors in Nigeria.
- Excellent communication skills and excellent analytical, business and oral communication skills are necessary. Fluent oral and written English required.
- Remuneration will be competitive within the international development sector. The candidate will be engaged by TEF for an initial contract of two years and will be seconded to the Ministry.
For a more comprehensive job description and details on how to apply, visit www.tonyelumelufoundation.org. The deadline to submit applications is Friday, June 8, 2012. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
More articles from this category