Looking back at the year that has gone by, 2015 was indeed a record-breaking year for Connectnigeria.com.
As Nigeria’s Information Portal, thousands of Nigerians were directly and indirectly impacted by the various initiatives and activities organised at little to no charge. All these and more were done in an effort to raise 1 million small, medium enterprises to the benefit of Nigeria’s economic development.
Some top moments in 2015 include:
1. Connect Nigeria e-Business Fair: We held Africa’s biggest small, medium enterprise conference in February at the Eko Hotel and Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos. Over 5,000 business owners and stakeholders from across the country were present, and left highly empowered with insights in business and technology, and with some impressive getaways. The next edition is set to take place in February 2016. Visit www.connectnigeria.com/bizfair/2016 to register.
2. Connect Nigeria Phone Photography Conference: We held Africa’s first Phone Photography Conference in collaboration with OneDot Photography, one of the best in the Nigerian industry and beyond. At the conference, participants were the taught the art of taking stellar photographs straight from their mobile devices. We hear some attendees are already making waves on the photography scene, and cannot be happier.
3. Connect Nigeria Writers Conference: We held another edition of our highly impactful Connect Nigeria Writers’ Conference which featured prolific writers, Joy Isi Bewaji, Okechukwu Ofili, Uduak Isong, Ike Nnaebue and others. We look forward to the hundreds of publications from attendees after the significant insights that were passed on at the event. The conference’s 2014 edition served as a launchpad for Chibuzor Mirian Azubuike, writer of the well-received prose, The Girl Who Found Water.
4. Connect Nigeria’s Business Mixers I and II: We hosted two delightful networking events at the prestigious Westwood Hotel, Ikoyi, Lagos. Here, important connections were made between Nigerian entrepreneurs in attendance, and everyone undeniably had a good time.
5. Won Best Business to Business Portal at the Nigeria Technology Awards: We took home a highly prestigious Nigeria Technology Award this year, standing out amongst our peers in our industry. Our gratitude goes out to all our readers and subscribers; we could not have gotten the award without their continuous support.
6. Lagos International Trade Fair Media Partnership: Now, this was huge: the opportunity to partner with one of the biggest trade fairs across Africa with millions in attendance. We were pleased to interact with SME owners who participated, and give them great advertising discounts on our platform to the benefit of their growth.
7. CNTV Kicks Off Officially: Our beloved video channel, CNTV hit the scene in grand style this year – with us releasing some video programmes earlier on here and there. With exciting shows like Around Town, Meet the Boss, Hip Bosses and Street Files among the many others to come, we gave business owners and everyday Nigerian opportunities to showcase their initiatives as well as tell their stories and opinions for your infotainment! We have over a 100 programmes and counting already, can you believe it?
With all these said, it all comes down to the fact that these would not have been possible without your support and patronage. Thank you!
Do share with us your favourite Connect Nigeria moments in the comments section!