- Mobitel commenced operations in 1998 with a national license to provide telecommunication services in the 2.0/2.2GHz band and a regional license to operate in Delta State
- Nigeria in the 3.5GHz band. - Mobitel provided both wireline and Wireless Local Loop (WLL) solution and was considered a pioneer in the Nigerian market.
- The company underwent a challenging period in 2005 following the death of its CEO, and ultimately ceased operations in 2006 with a subscriber base of nearly 20,000.
- Mobitel was acquired 100% in June 2008 by a new investor consortium led by Omni-Ventures Limited.
- Mobitel was awarded 2.3GHz frequency for National coverage on the 22nd of March 2010 after haven won the license in a bid process that took place in May 2009.
Address and location
6 Adeola Odeku Street, Victoria Island, .
01 320 0100.
There are no branches listed for this business.
There are no photos listed for this business.