Connect with us

BUSINESS

How to Set-up Cleaning Outsourcing Service

The cleaning industry has two primary market groups: consumer and commercial. While it’s recommended that you decide on a niche and concentrate on building a business that will serve your chosen market, it’s entirely realistic to expect to be able to serve multiple markets successfully.

Market Potential

The cleaning business is yet to be fully explored in Nigeria. The market is wide to the extent that satisfying it is doubtful. A prospective entrepreneur of this business will have to decide his target niche. Some established niches include:

• Household/Residential
  • Commercial Premises
  • Industrial/Manufacturing facilities
  • Medical facilities (i.e clinics, hospitals, mortuaries & orthopedic facilities)

The entrepreneur will also have to decide his scale of operations. Thus, he may want to operate at small, medium or large scale levels. Obviously, the scale of operation will be decided by the availability of operational resources.

Set-up process

First of all, before you decide to start your cleaning business, make sure this kind of work is right for you. You will need to be in good physical condition. You will need to have good customer relation skills. You will need to have basic office skills and some accounting skills.

When you are starting a cleaning service, you must be aware you are rendering a service and not a product. Thus, you must know that during marketing the business should be sold out as a service, a method different from marketing a product, although it is more difficult to market a service-oriented business. Part of a good marketing plan is to convince the customer that you have a way to solve their problem.

Estimated Start-up Cost: N150, 000 – N205, 000

Potential Profit: N800, 000 – N1, 200, 000

Typical Fees/Prices: N250 – N1, 000/sqm depending on the type of service rendered. Charges should be competitive. Simply charge what you are worth.

Advertising Options: Advertising in the papers, one-on-one sales/marketing, flyers, business cards, door hangers.

Qualifications: On the job training is required.

Facilities/Equipment needed: Vacuums, floor, carpet & upholstery care equipment, cleaning chemicals, dispensers such as soap, toilet papers & hand towels, green cleaning products for tougher stains, odor control products, micro-fibre clothes that comes in varying colours, flat mops, trash can liners.

Staff required: Unskilled labours would do for a start but as the business expands in size in terms of customer base, a professional that will handle the accounting aspect can be introduced into the system. Starting can thus be with about three (3) staff including the entrepreneur himself.

Continue Reading
20 Comments

20 Comments

1. Avatar

oy

5th March 2015 at 11:24 am

God bless you.

2. Avatar

Idowu okanlawon

2nd October 2015 at 3:51 pm

I run a commercial cleaning service rather on a small scale. Still trying to move up into the big ! I admit you are absolutely Correct on your write up ”Starting an industrial cleaning business” i want imagine you must be a pro!

3. Avatar

peter omoike

10th October 2015 at 4:46 pm

God bless you for the info. You’re lived. Am actually looking forward to set- up my own cleaning company in Nigeria . Am living in Sweden and i having working in a cleaning company here for some years . I hv actually acquired some professional knowledge that would help me stand up and tall in the sector. I don’t really know how cleaning services in Nigeria is been taken because here in Europe is a serious business. So I want you to throw in more information to me. This is my number +46 726889418 ( peter) . You may leave yours sincerely am glad for your write up. Thanks.

4. Avatar

EUGENIA

16th November 2015 at 4:27 pm

i look forward to start up this cleaning business some day.

5. Avatar

CHIZZY

21st November 2015 at 5:58 am

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION.

6. Avatar

kufre

24th November 2015 at 6:53 pm

Your write-up is correct and any one that try it will testify like me.

7. Avatar

5 star cleaners

27th November 2015 at 6:07 am

Your article is quite timely and on point. Thanks a million. More research and information will be cool. Keep it up.
    I am Ernest Iruoma from 5Star Cleaners 08090702301

8. Avatar

EMMANUEL

5th January 2016 at 12:35 pm

thanks for this write up, it is timely. i am into environmental services and about diversifying into cleaning as well. could you please help me with more information?, will like to connect with you. Here is my number 07069722243. thanks

9. Avatar

Chris

11th January 2016 at 9:20 pm

Thanks for the info.All through today I hv bin meditating on dis cleaning biz.I felt like I hv started already.u can rch me 07032928226 for further cleaning tips

10. Avatar

Harbyolar

27th January 2016 at 12:37 am

Thank you so much for this insight. I have been thinking of how to start up the business. please I need to contact you for further information. kindly inbox me your number

11. Avatar

Efezino

29th February 2016 at 3:42 pm

Please,I’ll kindly need more info as I intend to start soon by God’s grace.

12. Avatar

Teesha

31st March 2016 at 10:40 am

A very insightful publication. I intend starting my cleaning business soon. Please send me more information about it at my email address. Thank you.

13. Avatar

ade thompson

11th April 2016 at 1:50 pm

Thanks for the information. am sourcing for the cleaning equipments now because i will start by may . pls more information will be appreciated. adethompson2k4@yahoo. Com and 08027725035. Thanks

14. Avatar

gloria

27th July 2016 at 9:46 am

Thanks for dis brilliant writeup…am currently running a cleaning business Doradustbursters cleaning service in lagos

15. Avatar

Lilac Clean

1st November 2016 at 6:32 pm

t Lilac Clean we ensure a high level of customer service and take into account client feedback to continuously improve our services. Our teams of professional cleaners are well-trained, highly skilled and fully verified.

If you would like to make an enquiry, book a service or get a free quote, call us on 08056895502 or send us an email on info@lilacclean.com.

16. Avatar

Eseoghene

6th March 2017 at 1:54 pm

Hi,
    How do set up or collect your service charge per cleaning service rendered? especially in the residential / domestic cleaning service. Is there a fixed percentage

17. Avatar

Lateefah

24th April 2017 at 9:08 pm

Very helpful write up. I’ll love to know more about the agency. Please drop a contact number.

18. Avatar

Bernice

5th March 2019 at 2:02 pm

I am setting up to start a cleaning service business and this writeup is really helpful. Thanks for the publication

19. Avatar

Bernice

5th March 2019 at 2:06 pm

I will need more information regarding this cleaning business. This my mail address,omojumodupe@gmail.com

20. Avatar

noisemakers

25th May 2019 at 1:19 am

I will need more information regarding this cleaning business