By Tito Philips, Jnr.
Thanks to Kaymu many Nigerians can now buy and sell easily online. The new eCommerce website is Nigeria’s #1 Online Marketplace that offer sellers the opportunity to own a shop online where they can sell more of their items to the growing numbers of Nigerians online, currently over 60 million and offer buyers the opportunity to get great deals on all items ranging from fashion to electronics and even unique collectibles or gifts.
The concept of online trading is not new to the Nigerian internet users, thanks to the many classified sites. But the launch of Kaymu is taking this concept to the next level with her innovative introduction of auctions which allow sellers to sell to the highest bidder and buyers to bid for what they want at prices they can afford. The site is also uniquely designed to generate user feedback and ratings from both buyers and sellers after every transaction in order to minimize fraud and maximize trust.
For Sellers, here’s how Kaymu works:
Kaymu facilitates more sales for sellers. It is simply an online shop for sellers. Kaymu’s online shops reach more buyers and open 24/7 to customers allowing sellers to sell more.
- A seller lists an item on Kaymu for FREE, almost anything from smart phones to laptop accessories, books to rare coins, etc.
- The seller chooses to accept only bids for the item (an auction-type listing) or to offer the “Fixed price” option, which allows buyers to purchase the item right away at a fixed price.
- In an online auction, the bidding opens at a price the seller specifies and remains on Kaymu for a certain number of days. Buyers then place bids on the item. When the listing ends, the buyer with the highest bid wins and gets the item.
- In a “Fixed price” listing, the first buyer willing to pay the seller’s price gets the item.
For Buyers, here’s how Kaymu works:
Kaymu offer buyers the best value for their money in the following ways;
- Convenience: no longer would you have to go to computer village before you can get a phone or computer; the computer village merchants now have their shops online through our platform.
- Large collection of items/products: rather than limit your buying options to one shop, you can now browse through several other products from different sellers online.
- Super easy price comparison: price is a vital purchase decision, now with Kaymu, you can easily compare prices from different sellers through our 3 pricing options; buying through auctions, paying fixed prices, or negotiating classifieds.
- Super easy product comparison: Kaymu has unlimited shelf space which allows them to stock unlimited number of branded products from their sellers. Now you can buy from different brands of product manufacturers.
It’s Fun, Easy to use and super safe!
Here’s what two Kaymu customers have to say;
“As a seller, the major benefit of using Kaymu.com.ng is advertising my products for free thereby exposing my products to a wider audience view. In less than a month of my registration, I have sold two items on Kaymu. I enjoyed the Online selling experience, up to 90% satisfaction and have already told two people who are now registered Kaymu Sellers.”
— Depolie Tech, a successful Kaymu seller
“It was a nice experience. I had to watch the auction closely because I wanted to place the highest bid. I’m really glad that I didn’t miss out on the auction. I bought my dream phone for a very cheap price!”
–Tope Akinsola, the first auction winner on Kaymu
Tito Philips, Jnr. is an unusual Nigerian who is passionate about rebuilding Nigeria through Entrepreneurship development and he’s currently empowering entrepreneurs about starting up an e-Commerce business in Nigeria. He blogs about business and entrepreneurship at www.naijapreneur.com
Chojare Pamela Agboga is a Legal Practitioner, Writer, Editor, Chartered Secretary and Administrator. She is currently working on her first novel 'Weekends are for Loving' as well as a devotional for women.