Popular Nigerian Celebrities are joining forces with Nigeria’s #1 eCommerce community for buying and selling, Kaymu.com.ng to help make a difference in the lives of motherless children. This initiative was pioneered by Kaymu to commemorate the launch of the eCommerce community in Nigeria and to encourage the spirit of giving back amongst Nigerians.
T-shirts, face caps, headphones, suits, shoes, and many more are being donated for auction on Kaymu.com.ng by popular Nigerian celebrities such as; Tuface Idibia, Dj Caisie, Midnight Crew, Lynnxx, Eku Edewor-Thorley, DRB, Burna Boy and many others to help raise funds for the Lagos State Motherless Babies Home, situated at 1, Kenneth Agbakuru Street, Off Admirality Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.
What’s an auction?
In an online auction, the bidding opens at a price the seller specifies and remains on Kaymu.com.ng for a certain number of days. Buyers then place bids (price offers) on the item. When the listing ends, the buyer with the highest bid wins and pays to get the item.
How does celebrity charity auction work?
- Popular Nigerian Celebrities donate items to be auctioned on Kaymu.com.ng
- Fans and the general public can bid to win the auctioned items of their favourite celebrity
- Auction takes place publicly online on www.Kaymu.com.ng
- The highest bidder wins and pays for the auctioned item of their favourite celebrity
- All proceeds generated from auctions go to Lagos State Motherless Babies Homes
How do I participate?
- Head over to Kaymu.com.ng to start bidding for the item of your favourite celebrity (You need to register here first, it’s free!)
- Share, tweet, like, spread the word to your family and friends –help make a difference!
- Get involved –click here to start bidding!
What can Kaymu do for you?
Kaymu.com.ng is an eCommerce site that facilitates buying and selling online across Nigeria. It offers sellers the opportunity to own a shop online where they can sell more of their items to the growing numbers of Nigerians online, currently over 60 million and offer buyers the opportunity to get incredible deals on all items ranging from fashion to electronics and even unique collectibles or gifts.
The values of the Kaymu community of buyers and sellers are:
- People are basically good.
- Everyone has something to contribute.
- An honest, open environment can bring out the best in people.
- Kaymu recognizes and respects everyone as a unique individual.
- Kaymu encourages you to treat others the way you want to be treated.
In that spirit, Kaymu encourages trade between individuals and professionals in Nigeria via the internet. The site empowers everybody to connect and engage in commerce with others and make a living out of it.
To ensure that all members are honest and follow its community values, Kaymu has implemented a rating system where individuals rate one another based on their experience when making transactions. Nobody with bad service or products can hide. Great people stand out and are rewarded for their dedication and make more money!
In addition to that, Kaymu keeps the community clean by having a team of community guardians detect potentially dishonest sellers or buyers and removing them from the website.
Celebrities donated in that spirit to act as role models and show that indeed everyone can contribute to making this world better bit by bit!
Start with your good deed of the day now!