An apple a day keeps the doctor away but when all the stress involved in daily activities leaves us feeling tired and drained at the end of the day, a visit to the doctor might be necessary.
Do you know that with the right combination of foods, you can increase brain power, stimulate activity and increase energy levels for a more productive day at work?
Are you eating the right combination of foods for breakfast? What about lunch? Do you just stuff yourself with any type of food placed in front of you at the cafeteria or do you make wise choices?
Here is a list of foods that are suggested to be ideal for workers:
1. Oatmeal: Oatmeal is a rich source of soluble fibre, which is also found in apples and pears. It offers many cardiovascular benefits, including a reduced risk of developing high blood pressure. When paired with vitamin C the benefits of oatmeal are enhanced, so drink a glass of orange juice or eat some citrus and milk with your oatmeal.
2. Fresh fruits: Apples and bananas are high in fibre, antioxidants, vitamins, and complex carbohydrates. All of these are the foundations of healthy eating.
3. Green tea: Drinking a cup of tea a few times a day helps the body to absorb antioxidants and reduces the risk of cancer. Green tea is more beneficial than black tea.
4. Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes are filling, satisfying, and contain a dense packet of fibre and nutrients.
5. Avocados: Avocados are high in fibre, potassium and monosaturated fats, the kind that help bolster good cholesterol.
6. Chocolate: Yes, chocolate! Contrary to public opinion, chocolate is made from cacao and packed with healthy chemicals like flavonoids and theobromine, and thus shouldn’t be classified as junk. It boosts energy levels and is more beneficial to the body than drinking a can of energy drink.
Make a recommendation to the cafeteria at work today and pack yourself a healthy lunch putting the mentioned foods into consideration.