Two Nigerian kings, Obateru Akinruntan of Ugbo land in Ondo State and Okunade Sijuwade, the Ooni of Ife in Osun State have been listed among the 5 richest kings in Africa by Forbes Africa.
The two Nigerian monarchs make the list at No.2 and No.3 respectively. Other rulers on the list are King Mohammed VI, of Morocco; King Mswati III, Swaziland; and Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, Ashanti, Ghana.
See their ranking and net worth below.
1. King Mohammed VI, Morocco
Estimated net worth: $2 billion
2. Oba Obateru Akinruntan, Ugbo Land, Nigeria (pictured left)
Estimated net worth: $300 million
3. Oba Okunade Sijuwade, Ile-Ife, Nigeria (pictured right)
Estimated net worth: At least $75 million
Source: Construction, Property, Oil
4. King Mswati III, Swaziland
Estimated net worth: At least $50 million
5. Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, Ashanti, Ghana
Estimated net worth: $10 million
Source: Mining Equipment, Property, Jewellery