1. United Bank for Africa Plc. has deployed a new information technology platform to boost its electronic banking channels.
2. Spectranet, a fourth generation long term evolution (4G LTE) internet service provider, has partnered with iROKOtv.com, Africa’s premier internet television provider, to launch exciting movies on the television channels.
3. ARSO President, Dr. Joseph Odumodu has stated that the organization is working at boosting intra-African and global trade through the provision, facilitation and the implementation of harmonized standards in the continent.
4. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has noted that the rapid improvement in Africa’s finance is as a result of the strong expansion of pan-African banks across the continent in recent years.
5. Technology Distributions (TD) has unveiled plans to boost the operational capacity of Small and Medium ICT enterprises (SMEs) through a partnership programme which will provide access to a suite of business support initiatives for the beneficiaries including financial management guide, mentoring sessions, business intelligence and credit facilities.
6. Institute of Management and Technology (IMT) Enugu said it is to receive resources, logistics support and the cooperation of the Embassy of France, Nigeria for the teaching of the French course on offer in the Department of Mass Communication.
7. The National Broadband Council has approved the building of fibre optic cable landing points in four coastal states to ensure widespread penetration of high capacity internet bandwidths in the country.
8. Africa Prudential Registrars will pay a dividend of 35 kobo per share to its shareholders for the 2014 financial year on Friday, 10th April, 2015.
9. FBN Holdings Plc. has recorded profit after tax of N82.8 billion for the year ended December 31, 2014, showing an increase of 17.3 per cent above N70.6 billion recorded in 2013.
10. The President, Institute of Software Practitioners of Nigeria (ISPON), Mr. Pius Okigbo has said the solution to the skill gap that exists among young graduates of software engineering from tertiary institutions across the country, is to organize for special training and re-training of software developers.