1. The Super Falcons have promised a comprehensive victory when they face Mali in an All Africa Games (AAG) qualifier at the Abuja National Stadium today.
2. Stanbic IBTC Bank said it has secured a $90 million line of credit facility from the FMO.
3. A Bangladeshi firm, International Investment Facilitation Company will deliver the framework for the financial inclusion of Nigerians living in rural communities by December.
4. The United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc. has promised its customers new levels of superior banking services following its deployment of a new and improved information technology platform.
5. The Managing Director, Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation, Alhaji Umaru Ibrahim has advised the management of Aso Savings and Loans Plc. to ensure sound corporate governance in Union Homes Savings and Loans Plc.
6. The Managing Director, Ecobank Nigeria, Mr. Jibril Aku has advised students to grow their money by making sustainable investments.
7. Afriland Properties Plc. has announced a profit before tax of N1.74 billion for the year ended December 31, 2014, representing a 311 increase compared to the corresponding period of 2013.
8. Royal Dutch Shell has agreed to buy British Gas (BG) for £47 billion ($70.2 billion) in the first major energy industry merger in more than a decade. This is coming barely two weeks after selling off its OML 29 to an indigenous oil firm in Nigeria.
9. The Lagos State Waterways Authority, LASWA has distributed over 200 life jackets to 17 boat operators in Aiyetoro, Epe, Lagos State in continuation of the agency’s Water Safety Awareness programme which was inaugurated in 2012.
10. Organisers of the Greensprings/Kanu Football Camp said everything has been put in place for a successful 2015 edition of the programme, which begins on Sunday at the Lekki Campus of Greensprings School in Lagos