1. Global auditing firm, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) has ranked Lagos among the top 10 African Cities.
2. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has fixed Saturday, 25th April for the run-off election between Darius Ishaku of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Senator Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
3. Kia Motors Nigeria has promised that its new assembly plant, United Vehicle Assembly Limited, would be able to produce 25,000 vehicles per annum.
4. Nigeria’s premier online supermarket, Gloo.ng has kicked off a ‘100 per cent free same-day delivery promo’ for residents of Lagos State.
5. Etisalat Nigeria recently took its youth-centric education and entertainment initiative, Cliqfest to Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, LAUTECH, Ogbomosho in Oyo State.
6. The Bank of Industry (BOI) has stated that for Nigeria to sustain its current economic growth, the nation must seek ways to develop and address its technological needs to catch up with the rest of the world.
7. The World Bank Group’s Board of Executive Directors has approved a $200 million loan to help Nigeria in the fight to eradicate polio and sustain routine immunization of children under five years and women of reproductive age.
8. Lagos State Council on Health has announced plans to launch a comprehensive and sustained social mobilisation campaign for health insurance with a view to promoting universal health coverage in the state.
9. Ikeja Electric has promised to invest $100m (about N20billion) in free smart pre-paid meters which are to be distributed to its customers, starting from June.
10. Oando Energy Resources (OER) has stated that it would meet a medium term objective of producing 100,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day and reserves of 500 million barrels of oil equivalent per day by 2017.