1. Super Falcons and Liverpool FC forward, Asisat Oshoala has been shortlisted for the first edition of the British Broadcasting Corporation Women’s Footballer of the Year award.
2. The staff of Fidelity Bank Plc. under the auspices of the Fidelity Helping Hands Programme (FHHP), have constructed a water treatment plant which they donated, along with computers and other office equipment, to the Nigerian Naval Medical Centre, Naval Dockyard at Victoria Island, Lagos.
3. Transnational Corporation of Nigeria Plc. (Transcorp) said that its agribusiness subsidiary, Teragro Commodities Limited has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Benue State government to lease land to establish citrus farms in Ushongo, Benue state.
4. FBN Holdings Plc. said it earned N126.8 billion in the first quarter of 2015, indicating a 23.5 per cent increase on the N102.6 billion it reported as gross earnings for the same quarter of 2014.
6. Cisco has unveiled a host of new capabilities and services that give security professionals extensive intelligence and analysis on potential compromises and solutions to protect against, respond to and recover from attacks.
7. Skye Bank Plc. said it has gone into a consultancy partnership with the International Finance Corporation (IFC) to evolve an effective lending framework for small and medium enterprises.
8. Stanbic IBTC Holdings Plc. have reported a 17 per cent increase in gross earnings from N111.2 billion in 2013 to N130.6 billion in its audited results for the year ended 31 December, 2014.
9. The Nigerian Institute of Architects will commence their annual lecture tagged “Distinguished Lecture Series” on Thursday, 30th April, 2015.
10. Chris Bulus and Timipre Maxwell have won the coveted Most Outstanding Players awards for the boys’ and girls’ categories respectively of the 2015 CBN Junior Tennis Championship.