Father’s Day is just around the corner – Sunday 21 June – and it’s important to start planning the perfect gift for that Number 1 man in your life – your dad or husband. It would be a shame to leave shopping to the last minute, miss out on available items in shops and end up disappointing that special someone this Sunday.
Gifts for older men can seem difficult to decide on, especially when you choose not to get him predictable choices like a tie or a pair of shoes. Think outside the box this year. Do something new and unexpected for him!
Here are a few options to consider while shopping for him this weekend:
1. Spa visit: Life has its stressful moments, we’re sure you’ll agree. So why not pamper your Dad with a free massage and facial at a top spa this Sunday? It’s guaranteed to help him relax and feel good afterwards. Make his day better.
2. A framed portrait: What’s more unique than a classy portrait of your Dad from an excellent artist. Usually, a photograph would suffice when making this – either as a painted art or pencilwork.
3. A night out: Some outgoing dads just want a nice cold beer and cool music with their favourite child that’s hopefully you.From open mic nights to jazz performances at hotel bars, your options are endless if you and dad live in urban cities like Lagos and Abuja.
4. A watch: We’ll admit that this option is a bit expected, but at least it’s not a tie! Get the celebrant a nice watch that’s affordable, looks good and is highly functional. Depending on the kind of man in your life, ankara straps might be a creative way to spicen up the gift. If he’s more conservative, a crisp leather option will do.
5. A customized football jersey: This is an excellent choice for the football fan at heart who doesn’t own one yet. It’s practical, something that can be used for years on end. You can even get matching father-child or husband-wife ones done too; a perfect way to solidify the bond.