Bukky George is the Founder and CEO of HealthPlus Nigeria and CasaBella International. You may be familiar with her brands, but here are some interesting facts we’re sure will be a surprise to you:
- She is referred to as the Queen of Retail in Nigeria based on the steady success of her pharmaceutical and cosmetic companies, Healthplus and CasaBella respectively.
- She graduated from the University of Lagos with five Best Student awards.
- She holds many prominent corporate positions outside her businesses. These include being Chairman of Sanofi Pharamcy Advisory Board, membership of the Pharma Strategic Committee which maintains the wellbeing of the pharmaceutical industry in Nigeria and associate membership with WIMBIZ.
- She was a panelist at the IFC Euro Finance Week in Frankfurt, Germany.
- She was selected for the Fortune 500 Global Women’s Mentoring Program
- She is the first recipient of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria Board of Fellows’ Award for Excellence in Community Pharmacy.
- She is passionate about speaking to aspiring business entrepreneurs, and will be a guest speaker at the upcoming Retail Leaders Conference 2015 set to hold on June 16, 2015 at Eko Hotel and Suites, Victoria Island.
If you’re a current or aspiring entrepreneur in the retail industry, this is an event you certainly should not miss. Stay tuned for more information on the conference right here on Connectnigeria.com