No I am not a fan of boxing; in fact I think I have a phobia for it (shudders). But I’ve read quite a lot of books about Cassius Clay, who changed his name to Muhammad Ali and I love his passion, commitment and exceptional determination. So today I’m sharing with you my favourite quotes by Muhammad Ali.
1. “Don’t count the days; make the days count” (This is perhaps my favourite of them all).
2. “It’s lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges and I believe in myself.”
3. “Friendship is not something you learn in school, But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.”
4. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.”
5. The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses-behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.”
6. “I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.”
7. “If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it, then I can achieve it.”
8. “Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.”
9. “Championship aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them, a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, and they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.” (Wow)
10. “If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.”
11. “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.”
12. “A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
13. “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.”
14. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit.’ Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”
15. “I am the greatest. I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.”
Share your favourite quotes with us in the comments section below.
About the Writer: Eniola Adeniji is a woman after God’s own heart, a motivational Writer, Speaker, Fashion and Photography addict. She is also a Business Developer, Social Media Manager and the founder of Woman Of Value. She blogs at ennmae.wordpress.com