Growing and maintaining your hair can either be a huge hassle or something extremely fun, depending on the regime you have embraced over the years and if it’s actually suitable for your hair type, how healthy you eat and drink water and of course the products you use.
Shea butter is often associated to being used as body cream to achieve a great skin, but shea butter is also one of the few natural ingredients that will help you make those split ends go away, make your hair feel thick and of course shiny and beautiful. This hair regime is actually quite heavy, so I advise that it should be used minimally.
1. 1 1/3 cups of shea butter
2. ½ cup olive oil
3. 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil
4. ½ ounce fragrance oil (e.g. Lavender oil, Rosemary oil)
1. Heat shea butter slowly in a medium saucepan until it turns into a liquid form
2. The add the olive oil
3. Allow the above mixture to cool down for 30-40 minutes, but do not allow it to set completely.
4. Add in the Vitamin E and fragrance oil
5. Whip the mixture until you achieve a light mousse-like consistency
6. Then spoon the mixture into an airtight container.
There you have your shea butter leave-in conditioner. Hope you enjoy it and have yourself an awesome weekend!
Don’t forget to share your experience with me using the hashtag, #CNWeekendPleasures
About the Writer: Eniola Adeniji is a woman after God’s own heart, a motivational Writer, Speaker, Fashion and Photography addict. She is also a Business Developer, Social Media Manager and the founder of Woman Of Value. She blogs at ennmae.wordpress.com