In today’s world, you do not need a computer to do any bank transactions. You can easily do such transactions via your smartphone. Mobile banking is now trending because of the increased use of smartphones and internet. But, one major concern is the safety of mobile banking. Here are safety measures to consider:
1. Never leave your device unlocked. Passwords are essential to mobile banking. Hence, if you often use your phone for mobile banking, you should always lock your phone. This will prevent unauthorized persons from accessing your phone. If you do not lock your phone, you may lose your money.
2. Keep your mobile banking apps updated. Banks regularly update their apps to accommodate new additions. For users of these apps, you should always update your applications because it is safe and secured. Also, you have to be careful to avoid counterfeit apps.
3. Avoid unsecured Wi-Fi. In as much as you get a free Wi-Fi, you should not use when doing your mobile transactions especially if it is a public one. Alternatively, it is better to use your mobile data. Using an unsecured Wi-Fi may allow hackers to intercept your money or steal your account information.
4. Be careful when downloading apps. There are many fake apps on Google Play and Apple stores. When downloading you have to check several times to be certain that it is the original apps you are downloading.
5. Encrypt your phone. Encrypting your phone will store your phone’s data in an unreadable seemingly scrambled form. On an encrypted device, your personal data including emails, texts, contacts, Google accounts data, apps, photos, media, and downloads. This will make it difficult for anyone to steal your data.
Source: Jumia Travel