Smile lines and wrinkles on your face can make you look years older than you are and give you an appearance of a stressed or troubled person. Wrinkles are the main pointers of age and struggle. Although sometimes nature cannot be helped, but in order to avoid wrinkles appearing on your face when you are still young, you have to avoid the habits that trigger wrinkle formation and take very good care of your face. Living a healthy lifestyle can also help in keeping wrinkles and other ageing signs at bay. The following are some tips that can help you to maintain a wrinkle-free face:
- Cut down on sugar consumption: It is common knowledge that consumption of excess sugar makes the skin age faster than normal. If you want to avoid wrinkles on your face, limit your consumption of sugary foods and drinks. Direct your appetite to healthy and whole meals instead of candies and cakes.
- Drink more water: As we all know that water flushes out toxic materials and waste products from our body, it is also important to know that water helps in maintaining the overall appearance of the skin. Depriving yourself of enough water can give you a sullen and tired-looking skin. Drinking a good amount of water every day will help your skin to maintain collagen and flush out free radicals that damage and age the skin prematurely.
- Remove the make-ups: In a bid to look better, we all apply certain materials onto the skin. Ladies, in particular, go further by adding cosmetics that may contain harmful chemicals onto the face. The good thing about cosmetics and make-ups is that they might not harm the skin if instructions are followed. Always wash your makeup off before sleeping and try as much as possible to avoid sleeping with them. Frequent sleeping with make-up on the face can cause wrinkles and acne.
- Avoid stress: When it is time to sleep and rest, please do so. This is not only for beauty and cosmetic reasons but also for the general wellbeing of the body system. No matter how hard you try to hide it, stress shows on the face. It gives the face a tired, wrinkled and saggy look. Before purchasing expensive creams and lotions to get rid of the lines on your face, try getting rid of stress from your lifestyle.
- Exercise: The importance of exercise for a healthy body cannot be overemphasised. Exercise helps the body in ensuring that the skin and muscles stay in optimal condition. In case you are wondering how to exercise your face, the answer is not far-fetched. Scrunching up your facial muscles is a good way to exercise them and stop your face from wrinkling.