Your hands and feet say quite a lot about you. The state of your nails also gives a huge impression on people that meet you, especially if it is the first time. Unconsciously, we observe the hands and fingers of random people we meet and draw a quick conclusion based on this. For example, long and unkempt nails depict carelessness and dirtiness, while neat and groomed nails depict good nature and attention to detail. Each person has unique kind of fingernails that can be beautified and attractive if given the proper care. In case you were wondering how to keep those fingernails pretty, here are some easy tips:
- Keep them clean: You would admit that dirty nails are repulsive and they give off a bad impression. So, to fix this, the first thing to do is to get the fingernails clean and free of germs. Soak them in soapy lukewarm water and gently scrape out all the dirt from underneath them.
- Keep them shiny: Even if they are long, your fingernails should not look dull and lack luster. Get a simple manicure kit and employ the use of a file to keep them straight and shiny. Cut the cuticles, trim the edges, try to maintain a uniform length and those nails will look very attractive even at first sight.
- Keep them strong: One major challenge that you must overcome is the fragility of the fingernails. They are easily broken and chipped by rough surfaces and usually do not get long before being cut. To fix this, you would need to apply nail hardener at regular intervals to keep them from cutting and breaking prematurely.
- Keep them colored: Do you know why the world is such a beautiful place? The answer is colors. They can transform, differentiate and beautify. To be your own manicurist, you have to know how to use colors to bring out a unique pattern on your fingernails. Know your style and paint them in gorgeous colors of nail polish and watch your fingernails transform beautifully.
- Keep them comfortable: Lastly, make sure your nails are comfortable enough for you to carry out daily activities without having any problems. There is no point in having attractive nails if you cannot use them normally. The length of your nails also has to be reasonable so that they do not affect you in any way. For example, when you cook, think about how you will manage to crush stock cubes into the soup if your nails are extra long.