Microsoft recently kicked off a new programme called #WINsiders4Good geared towards bringing Windows insiders in a particular community together to share their passion for technology and creativity, and to build great products that will positively impact their local environment. The initiative will support products and services that address a wide range of issues, including homelessness, public safety, health, education, energy and much more.
Insiders in cities like Germany, the UK, and the USA have already participated in the program. And now, Microsoft is coming to Nigeria for the African edition of the event, and they will partner with Co-Creation Hub for the #WINsiders4Good Nigerian Fellowship. The Windows Insider program through the #Winsiders4Good Fellowship will support twenty Nigerian entrepreneurs who have bright ideas that will improve the lives of Nigerians.
Details of the event are given below.
- You must be a registered member of the Windows Insider Program.
- You must be a legal resident of Nigeria.
- You are 18 years or older.
- You have an original idea for a product or service that improves the lives of fellow Nigerians.
- You or your family members aren’t employees of Microsoft.
- You are not a government employee.
How to apply:
Applicants must complete the initial online application on or before the deadline, October 10, 2016 at 23:59 WAT. Each application must:
- Be submitted in the online form prior to the deadline. Applicants will receive an email to confirm that their application was successfully received.
- Follow the directions and include complete responses to all required questions.
- Be accurate and truthful in all respects.
- Provide all responses in English.
- Include only content that the applicant has permission to use.
Fellows will receive Microsoft hardware and software, including Windows 10, Office 365 and Azure credits. Products will be provided at the award announcement in Lagos in November 2016.
Technical and strategic mentorship will be provided by Microsoft staff, local and international experts. Weekly mentorship meeting will be held virtually and when possible, in-person meetings will be arranged.
If selected as a #WINSiders4Good Fellow, you will commit to attending a week-long fellowship bootcamp on November 16 – 22, 2016, at Co-Creation Hub located at 6th Floor, 294 Herbert Macaulay Rd, Lagos, Nigeria and commit to a 6-month mentorship program, which will entail weekly virtual mentorship sessions beginning January 5 – June 25, 2017. The bootcamp travel and lodging will be provided by the Windows Insider Program.
Register for the fellowship here.