I’m a big fan of Manchester United. Here are some facts about the club.
- Manchester United Football Club is founded as Newton Heath LYR Football Club in 1878. Then the club changed its name to Manchester United in 1902 and moved to its current home, Old Trafford, in 1910.
- In 1968, under the management of Sir Matt Busby, Manchester United became the first English football club to win the European Cup.
- Manchester United remains the most successful team in English domestic football, having won a total of 20 league titles, more than any other English club, as well as 11 FA Cups and 4 League Cups.
- Paul Scholes once challenged Ronaldo to hit a tree which was 50 yards away. Scholes did it with his first attempt, Ronaldo couldn’t do it 6–7 tries.
- Bastian Schweinsteiger is the first German to have played for Manchester United, after having joined this summer.
- The following players have won the Ballon d’Or while playing for Manchester United :
- Denis Law (Scotland)– 1964
- Bobby Charlton (England)– 1966
- George Best (Northern Ireland) – 1968
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) – 2008
- Old Trafford holds the record for the lowest attendance of all time. Only 13 people watched Stockport v Leicester.
- Wayne Rooney is the highest scoring Englishman in Champions League history, a record once held by Paul Scholes.
- Sir Alex’s last chewing gum sold for 390,000 pounds on Ebay in 2013.
- Wayne Rooney is the highest scoring Englishman in Champions League history, with 29, while former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes is the second highest with 24.
You can add yours to these above using the comment box below.