1. The Central Bank of Nigeria has established the National Collateral Registry to increase financing to MSMEs.
2. Fishing company, Atlantic Shrimpers Ltd has set up a 160-hectare shrimp farm in Lagos to hatch and harvest shrimps for both local and export markets.
3. To prevent the Igbo language from going extinct, Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano, has revealed plans to float a radio station that would transmit only in Igbo.
4. Nigeria’s Super Eagles have risen by 10 points in FIFA World Rankings, to 50th position as against 60th place in the last month.
5. To ease foreign exchange pressure, the CBN has given access for $867 million FOREX to manufacturers, Nigerian students abroad and others.