1. Nigeria’s environment minister, Amina Mohammed, has been confirmed as United Nations Deputy Secretary-General.
2. To support trade and investment, plans are underway for the dualization of the Abakiliki-Afikpo federal highway in Ebonyi State.
3. Nominees for the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards (AMVCA) have been announced; voting is ongoing and will end on the 24th February 2017.
4. Unions and groups have criticized the Senate’s plan to replace the Bank of Industry with a National Development Bank of Nigeria.
5. The Federal Government has set out plans to restructure the Bank of Agriculture to boost performance as a major source of the country’s economy.