Carrot cupcakes are delicious and easy to make. Good news is that you get to incorporate a vegetable into your bake, how great is that? Who would have thought having a vegetable in a cake is a good idea? Try it out today!
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 kg carrot
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 pcs eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 4 tbsps unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups. Mix flour, ¾ cup sugar, cinnamon, ½ teaspoon baking powder, baking soda and ½ teaspoon salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Grate the carrots to fill 1½ cups. Whisk the eggs with oil in another bowl. Mix in the dry ingredients and the grated carrots until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking cups filling them up about ⅔ way, allow to bake for about 15 minutes. To check if it is done, insert a toothpick and it should come out clean. If not leave to bake for a few more minutes.
- To make the cream cheese frosting – Add cream cheese, butter, and vanilla essence into a blender and combine until smooth. Mix in the icing sugar slowly until well combined.
- Allow the cupcakes cool for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. After cooling completely, pour the frosting into a piping bag and frost the cupcakes.
Click here to get all the ingredients: https://goo.gl/7kjRMv.