Meditation is one beauty product that doesn’t come in a can or bottle. Meditation involves allowing the mind to completely dissolve. It works by exfoliating the mind from distractions and agitations. It’s an extremely healthy practice that helps in relieving stress when done regularly.
Meditation is not an answer to all your problems but will help you clear your mind and give you the mental balance to make healthy life choices.
How to meditate
Get comfortable: put on clothes you’re very comfortable in and find a spot you’re comfortable with, could be on your bed, couch or probably outside your home so far as the environment is serene and comfortable for you. Put away your devices, make sure you’re not disturbed. Set a timer for 10-15 minutes.
Focus your attention on your breath and the movement your body makes with each breath, don’t try to control the intensity of your breath, just breathe. Thoughts will begin to creep up, don’t try and fight the thought, acknowledge them and then refocus on your breathing or object of attention. Your ability to concentrate each time you bring your mind back from wandering is key to proper meditation.
The Benefits of Meditating:
- It slows aging process
- It improves concentration and ability to work under stress
- Less anxiety
- Encourages healthy life choices
- Increases creativity
- Reduces depression symptoms
The medical benefits include:
- Lowers blood pressure
- Decrease tension related pains such as head aches, insomnia
- Improves blood circulation
- Sustained meditation leads to neuroplasticity, defined as the brain’s ability to change structurally and functionally
- Decreases the risk of heart diseases and stroke
In order to experience most of these benefits, you have to regularly practice meditation, if you got some value or questions from this post, do well to leave comments.