The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) is an arm of the Federal Ministry of Communication Nigeria, responsible for implementing ICT policies and developing programs that foster the growth of ICT related activities in the country.
In 2010, The Agency established a scholarship scheme for Masters and Doctoral degrees in relevant areas of Information Technology (IT) and ICT Laws obtainable in Nigerian (Government and Private) Universities. The scholarship are available for students who wish to study within the IT industry at a Nigerian University (Private or Government).
- Applicant must be a Nigerian citizen.
- PhD: Only University and Polytechnic Lecturers with MSc in any Information Technology related field are eligible to apply for sponsorship.
- MSc: Holders of First Class or Second Class (Upper) Honours Bachelor’s degree, in Information Technology related field and Law. The registration period is six (6) weeks from the date of the Newspaper publication. A comprehensive Aptitude Test(s) will be conducted to determine successful candidates for the Award. Only candidates who are found eligible will be Shortlisted.
- Applicant must be willing to study in a state, federal or private University in Nigeria
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply online via the NITDA website: http://nitda.gov.ng/scholarship/
- Create an account on the NITDA website, login and continue with the application process.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
- The Masters (MSc) programme will take place over the course of 12 months, whereas the Doctorate (PhD) programme will take place over the course of 3 years.
- The scholarship only covers courses relating to Information Technology (IT).
- The scholarship award is strictly based on merit and is evenly distributed between the six geo-political zones for the PhD, 36 States and FCT for MSc.
- The sponsorship for the Masters programme will run for one year and the Doctorate programme for three years.
*Application deadline is on the 14th November, 2017.
Featured Image Credit: NITDEF Scholarship