This coconut balls recipe is a no bake dessert recipe that even kids can make. You can make this recipe on any occasion. For festivals like Christmas or simply for guests
Coconut contains phosphorus, calcium, and magnesium, and it contributes to the restoration of minerals in the skeleton. Asides from being a healthy and high-energy dessert, these coconut balls are beneficial to the musculoskeletal system, especially during the stages of growth, as there is a particular need for calcium and energy.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 cups coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup of your favorite chopped nuts (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk, 1 cup of the coconut flakes and powdered sugar mix and blend them together (add nuts here if you chose to use some).
- Place mixture in the refrigerator, chill for 1-2 hours.
- Once cold, take a spoonful of the mixture and roll into balls on a lined baking sheet
- Roll each in the remaining coconut flakes.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve
Tips to make good coconut balls
- Always use fine desiccated coconut so that it would be easy for you to roll into balls.
- If the mixture is too sticky and you are not able to roll the balls then add more desiccated coconut.
Storage tips: Place the balls in an airtight container at room temperature or you can also store it in the refrigerator.