Sweet corn drink is aromatic and refreshing, it provides the kidneys and digestive system with the beneficial properties of corn. It’s especially beneficial to the kidneys, as it contributes to urine production and the elimination of wastes that circulate in the bloodstream. Heart disease can be prevented by the consumption of this drink because of the presence of a substance called folate or vitamin B9 in it. This vitamin is useful for lowering the levels of amino acids that if the level is too high, it will lead to heart disease. According to studies carried out at Cornell University, corn is a rich source of antioxidants which fight cancer-causing free radicals, sweet corn is loaded with lutein and zeaxanthin, two phytochemicals that promote healthy vision. A midsize ear also offers a helpful 3-gram dose of dietary fibre. Benefits of this drink also include protection and relief in macular degeneration which refers to the condition of the eye during old age.
This drink recipe is easy to make, if this drink seems acid to the taste, reduce the amount of lemon juice.
- 100g of sweet corn or 1 canned whole kernel sweet corn
- 1liter of water
- Sweetened condensed milk
- 3teaspoons of honey
- 2 lemons
- Dust of nutmeg ( optional)
- Squeeze the lemons and set aside its juice
- Wash the corn and lemon rind
- Boil the corn and lemon rind together until they’re tender
- Using a sieve, drain out the water
- Add the lemon juice, sweetened condensed milk, honey and nutmeg if you desire and chill before drinking
Feature Image: thekitchn.com