If you’re craving Moi-Moi but do not have the strength to soak and wash anything, or you’re tired of the regular streamed bean pudding and you’re eager to try something new, Egg Moi-Moi is definitely a must try and has no additional carbs.
Here’s a recipe from wives connection food blog
I prepared mine with:
– 2 Eggs
– ½ a tomato
– A pinch of salt (or to your taste)
– Vegetable oil (for rubbing the insides of the bowls)
Note: Instead of tomatoes, you can add any other vegetable that you like: shredded carrots, green pepper, green peas etc.
– Bowls for cooking the Egg Moi-Moi
You can also use aluminium foil bags or transparent nylon bags like Omalicha stated in her recipe.
- Set some water to boil in a big enough pot.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat till combined.
- Add salt and stir.
- Add the tomato (diced). Stir.
- Rub the insides of the bowls with vegetable oil so that the Egg Moi Moi comes out easily when done.
- Pour the eggs into the bowls.
- Place the bowls in the boiling water just like you would when cooking Nigerian Moi-Moi with bowls. You can pad the pot so that the contents are cooked by indirect heat.
The level of water should be such that water does not get into the bowls.
- Cover the pot and cook on low to medium heat for 10-12 minutes, less time if using aluminium foil bags or transparent nylon bags. If you cook them on high heat, the eggs will foam so much and become dark in colour. They are also dark when you cook them for too long even if you used low heat so keep an eye on it.
- It’s done when the mixture solidifies.
Feature image credit: Simple Home Made Recipes