The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has announced the final shortlists for its 2017 awards.
CAF revealed Liverpool duo Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane, alongside Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang on the three-man list for the topmost award, African Player of the Year.
Gabon’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang won the CAF African Player of the Year award in 2015, while Egypt’s Salah has already won the 2017 BBC African Footballer of the Year award.
Europe-based star Sadio Mane of Senegal who came third in 2016, has been included in the CAF Team of the Year for 2015 and 2016. The list was cut from 11 nominees that CAF announced in November.
The winners will be announced at the Awards Gala, which will be held in the Ghanaian capital Accra on Thursday, 4th January 2018.
The top three (3) for all the categories of the CAF Awards 2017 was unveiled on Monday, 18th December 2017 in Accra, Ghana.
African Player of the Year:
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt and Liverpool)
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon and B. Dortmund)
- Sadio Mane (Senegal and Liverpool)
Women’s Player of the Year:
- Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria and Dalian Quanjian)
- Chrestina Kgatlana (South Africa and UWC Ladies)
- Gabrielle Aboudi Onguene(Cameroon and CSKA Moscow)
Women’s National Team of the Year:
- Ghana U-20
- Nigeria U-20
- South Africa
Coach of the Year:
- Gernot Rohr (Nigeria)
- Hector Cuper (Egypt)
- L’Hussein Amoutta (Wydad Athletic Club)
National Team of the Year:
Club of the Year:
- Al Ahly
- TP Mazembe
- Wydad Athletic Club
Youth Player of the Year:
- Krepin Diatta (Senegal and Sarpsborg)
- Patson Daka (Zambia and Liefering)
- Salam Giddou (Mali and Guidars)
Feature image credit: bbc.com