Are you are not tired of the boring bags you hang around, which you use to pack your dirty clothes? Or the boring souvenir bags handed to you at parties, you use for laundry purpose? Make your room look organized by using a drawstring laundry bag that is both functional and decorative.
Here is your time to make interesting drawstring laundry bags for your daily use.
- Patterned fabric
- Medium weight muslin lining
- Fabric Scissors
- Steam iron
- Straight pins (if needed)
- Sewing machine
- Sewing thread
- Jute Rope
- Cut your desired fabric to your required length and then iron each piece to make your cloth flat and free from wrinkles.
- Spread out pieces of your utility and muslin fabrics with the right sides facing outside and each overlapping each other. The muslin will act as the bag lining.
- Place pins on the edges.
- Fold the pieces that are overlapping and iron the fold to keep it in place. Sew along the middle of all three sides of the folded fabric (leaving the mouth of the bag open), with a quarter-inch seam allowance, before removing pins.
- Make a channel for the top by folding and iron two inches of the fabric on the side that is left unstitched.
- Stitch this side but leave a 1½ space for your dirty clothes to go into, back-stitch each edge for an added durability.
Featured Image Credit: www.redbubble.net