If you’re a dark skinned lady, you know first-hand the struggle with finding the perfect cosmetic products.
Navigating through the makeup section in stores can be challenging, because most beauty products are often made with either brown or light-skinned girls in mind. And most times the makeup professionals won’t be of much help either as they barely know the recommended product for deeper-hued women.
However, all hope is not lost as we’ve complied some fantastic makeup tips for the dark kinned beauties looking to step up and maintain their makeup game:
- Go for brands that have dark skinned women in mind. If you’re all about the affordable brands that offer quality and variety of color preferences for dark women, there are quite a number of them, such as: Elsaspro, House of Tara, Kuddy Cosmetics and Blot Cosmetics.
- Use bronzers. It adds a warm radiance to your face. The trick is to apply just a little to the tops of your cheeks using a fan brush.
- A favorite must-have in your beauty arsenal should be concealer. It blends in a skin-like finish like a powder, and perfect for-on-the-go touch up’s to hide dark spots or other skin flaws.
- Don’t hesitate to use blush every now and then. Applying a berry colored blush to the apples of your cheeks can give your face a warm glow.
- Contouring and highlighting should be your beauty forte as well. The art of contouring and highlighting conceals the skin flawlessly.
Check out these stunning black girl makeup looks and be inspired.
Photo credit: madivasmag.com
Photo credit: pinterest.com