People come to Instagram to be inspired and discover things they care about, which includes content from brands and businesses.
A business profile on Instagram helps your customers connect to your business. If you are a regular Instagram user, you’ll have noticed the growing number of businesses that use the platform to advertise their products and garner more customers. Ranging from electronic devices, to hair and beauty products, fashion and clothing, food and confectioneries, real-estate, music, events and so on. Any product or service can be sold on Instagram.
According to Instagram, the platform has over 25 million+ business profiles worldwide, and 2 million+ advertisers worldwide use Instagram to share their stories and drive their businesses.
200 million+ Instagrammers visit at least one business profile daily, and 1/3 of the most viewed stories are from businesses. So, Instagram gives you a very wide reach.
Instagram has a set of very handy tools that’ll give you insights about followers and posts. You can get actionable information about which posts are performing best, when the best days of the week and times are to post and the demographic breakdown of your followers. You can also promote any posts you’ve shared and include a button such as “Learn More” to reach new customers in your target audience.
How to convert to a Business Profile
- Go to your profile and tap the gear icon or edit profile.
- Tap Switch to Business Profile.
- Ensure you have created a Facebook Page for your business.
- After clicking Switch to Business Profile, select the Facebook Page you’d like to associate with your Business Profile on Instagram with.
- Make sure your profile is set to Public. Private accounts can’t switch to Business Accounts.
- On the Set Up Your Business Profile page, review your business’s contact information, make any changes and tap Done.
When converting your personal profile to a business profile, you can include additional information about your business on your profile. You can add a phone number, an email address and your business’s physical address. When you add contact information, a Contact button appears near the top of your profile which will display options like Get Directions, Call and Email, depending on what contact info you added.