One cool feature in Windows 10 is that it allows users link their Android and iOS devices to their Windows 10 PCs and use the ‘Continue on PC’ feature. It lets you push web pages from your phone to your PC without the need to connect to the same network or use a USB cable. Apart from sharing web pages, you can also receive notifications from Android apps in your Windows 10 Action Centre on your PC.
The Continue on PC feature is currently only available for users running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
Follow the steps below to link your phone to your Windows 10 PC.
1. On your Windows 10 PC, open Settings app.
2. Click on the Phone option.
3. To connect your Android or iOS device to Windows 10, click on Add a phone. Make sure both your PC and phone have an active internet connection.
4. On the new window that appears, choose your country code and fill in your mobile number. Click Send to receive the text message on your phone.
5. Download the Android app called Microsoft Apps using the link in the SMS. It’s required when you want to link Android phone to Windows 10 and use the Continue on PC feature. You don’t need that app to link iPhone to Windows 10.
You’ll also get a link to install the Microsoft Launcher and Microsoft Edge on your phone. On iOS, it installs Microsoft Edge browser. You can go direct to the Android PlayStore or iOS App store to get these apps in case you do not get an SMS.
After you sign-in the Microsoft Launcher or Edge, your device will appear in Windows 10’s Phone section.
Microsoft also has a new Phone Companion app that allows you to sync your Android, iOS, or Windows Phone with your PC. It’s available in the Microsoft Store for Windows 8.1 and above.
You can use the app to backup files to your computer locally and set up different Microsoft services on your phone.