The media’s influence on brands and companies cannot be over-emphasized especially when we observe the great progress of the likes of Payporte in recent times. Payporte has been in existence since 2014 and it was not until it sponsored the most talked about Nigerian reality TV show of the millennium – Big Brother Naija – that it got its very big break. Payporte is arguably the most preferred and fastest growing online shopping website in Nigeria.
About The Founder
Eyo Bassey – founder of Payporte – is a software developer, and also the Chief Executive of Rom-Flex Group. The Payporte CEO has two Bachelor’s degrees to his name: the first is in Civil Engineering and the latter is in Applied Physics. He has also a bagged a Master’s degree in Information Technology from Virginia State University and he is alumnus of the London Business School. Although life seems smooth for the young entrepreneur, but it was not always rosy. Fatherless at the age of 11, Eyo did not have much hope for the future. With hard work and perseverance, he’s made it this far. In harmony with the saying “little drops of water make a mighty ocean”, Eyo, at the early stage of his entrepreneurship, started with small products in order to raise funds for bigger products. He would later switch to the ideal products and receive loans from the bank for more funding.
A Truly Nigerian Brand
Eyo Bassey always emphasizes the fact that Payporte is a truly Nigerian brand because of its appreciable qualities. One of these qualities is affordability. Payporte boasts to be one of the most affordable e-commerce platforms in Nigeria. Another quality is the timely fashion in which orders are delivered. The brand offers 24-hour delivery in cities across Nigeria. In addition to its achievements, Payporte launched the 1k Shop when there was a decline in purchases of the brand’s product. This involves a section of its store being priced from ₦1500 and below. This brought the brand more popularity and this was before it started sponsoring the Big Brother Naija show which has been its biggest publicity booster. Also, Payporte has effective branches in countries outside Africa like the United Kingdom, the United States of America, China and Turkey.
Few Facts About Payporte
- Payporte was launched by Eyo Bassey in 2014.
- It is a fully Nigerian company, tailoring its goods and services to the needs of Nigerians.
- In 2016, Payporte officially signed bread seller turned model, Olajumoke Orisaguna, as part of its team of brand ambassadors.
- Payporte also signed Tayo Faniran and Toke Makinwa as brand ambassadors.
- Payporete has been a co-sponsor of the first and second season of Big Brother Naija in 2017 and 2018 respectively. This involvement in the show resulted in a big boost of publicity which the brand had not had before.
- As a sign of appreciation for its contribution in e-commerce, Payporte was voted E-Commerce Company Of The Year at the CBN Cashless Expo in 2016.
- Payporte made it to a list of top 50 brands in 2017.