Have you tried curry okra ogbono soup? It’s a knockout; mouth-watering and nutritious!
- Ogbono (african mango seed)
- Curry leaf
- Scent leaf
- Utazi leaf
- Ground uziza seed
- Uziza leaf
- Okpeyi (local spice)
- Ground crayfish
- Periwinkle (optional)
- Seasoning cube
- Palm oil
How To Prepare
- Shred or slightly blend your scent leaves and utazi leaves together. Wash off the first water and set aside.
- Cut or blend the okra fingers and set aside.
- Wash your periwinkle properly and boil in a different pot.
- Season and boil the stock i.e, Cowtail, dryfish, and stockfish with onions, salt, seasoning cube and pepper for taste. If you want the soup thick, use little water while boiling your stock.
- Heat your pot a little and add palm oil. Fry the ogbono with onions, curry, okpeyi, and ground uziza seed. Add crayfish and stir. Then add the stock and periwinkle and allow to simmer for some minutes.
- Add your okra and allow to boil for few minutes.
- Add your washed utazi and scent leaves. You can add uziza leaves for flavour.
- Cover and allow to simmer. Serve with your favourite swallow.