Tired of the norm? Spice up your special day with this unique barbecue fish with ripe plantain filling.
Ripe plantain (optional)
- Blend the tomatoes, pepper, onion and garlic together to form a paste.
- Heat your pot a little and add vegetable oil. The quantity of the oil depends on the size of the paste.
- Add onion and fry the paste in the oil until the water in the paste has dried up to form your sauce.
- Bring down from the fire and allow to cool.
- Cut open your fish from the side and remove the viscera – the fish’s innards.
- Wash your fish twice with hot water after.
- Straighten out your foil on a table and brush with melted butter or oil and place the fish on top of the foil.
- Using a cooking brush or well oiled hands, rub the sauce all over the fish and inside the slits as well.
- Carefully place your sliced plantain inside the fish to form any design of your choice.
- Add your seasoning cube to the fish and a pinch of salt. Allow to sit for about an hour.
- Fold the fish with the foil and place in an open grill or oven.
- After 20 minutes, use a skewer to open the tail end of the foil a little to allow the water coming out of the fish drain out.
- Allow to cook for 25 more minutes.
- Remove the fish and serve
- You can garnish with onions, fresh tomatoes, parsley, green pepper or any other accompaniment of your choice.