Jumia Flex is a new payment feature that will allow users to purchase gadgets and pay in instalments. The new platform was developed in partnership with a leading provider of alternative financial services, Afara Partners, to provide flexible payment plans for smartphones and other gadgets.
To use Jumia Flex, a deposit of about 25% of the total price of the device will be paid upfront. The rest of the payment can then be made over a period of 3 months or 6 months depending on your monthly earnings.
Some of the devices available on Jumia Flex include iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S8, iPhone 6S (Refurbished), iPhone 7 (Refurbished), and MacBook Pro Retina.
To use the service, follow the steps below:
- Go to www.jumia.com.ng/jumiaflex and select the device you want and fill the application form. You will get a response on your application within 3 working days of submission
- If approved, you will get an email directing you to pay the upfront deposit and shipping fee with your card or bank account online.
- Once you’ve paid the deposit, your order is processed and you can pick it up within a few days.
- After the first month, you will be automatically debited every 30 days for the unpaid balance, for the next 3 or 6 months depending on the plan you choose.
- Jumia Flex is currently only available for customers in Lagos. Customers are only eligible to apply for one device and surrogates would not be accepted, as you are to come in person to pick up your device from their Experience Center in Yaba, Lagos.
To complete your application on Jumia Flex, you must provide the following documents:
- Bank Statements from last 6 months.
- Valid means of identification (international passport, drivers license, voters card, or National ID).
- Bank Verification Number (BVN).
- Employment status and company/name of employer.