Nigeria Internation Women Exhibition (NIWEX) is a global exhibition organized annually by Nigeria Association of Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture Business Women Group (NAWORG) in conjunction with Atlantic Exhibition Nigeria Limited and partnership with ECOWAS Federation of Business Women Entrepreneur (FEBWE), Uplift Development Foundation and Women’s Radio Wfm 91.7.
The first edition of NIWEX was in 2010 in Abuja with the theme “The Role of Women in Economic Development”. The previous Edition which is the 8th Edition took place at FIIRO, Oshodi Lagos on 4th-10th August, 2017. NIWEX is a general trade exhibition which cut across industry in Fashion, Craft, Energy, IT, Waste to Health, Made in Nigeria products, Building, Interiors, Education, Cosmetics, Beauty, Agriculture, Food, etc. The exhibition is opened to Nigerians and the international community.
The NACCIMA Business Women Group was constituted by the Executive Committee of NACCIMA on the 7th December, 2005 as one of the trade groups of the Association. The chairperson of the group is Iyalode Alaba Lawson with group membership open to all women within the chamber movement in Nigeria. The group has the mandate to coordinate the activities of women not only within the chamber movement but also women across the West African region. Its mandate includes, but not limited to, the following:
- Facilitating women participation in commerce and governance.
- Identifying profitable businesses and market opportunities for members.
- Enabling easy access to loans and business information for members.
- Facilitating trade among women in chamber movement and within ECOWAS region and the world in general.
- Sensitization and awareness creation among local business women within the chamber movement and other businesswomen group in the West African Sub-Region who show keen interest in trade matters.
It is an ample opportunity for women to network with other women in different industries and countries and build brand awareness, generate business ideas, make on-spot sales and launch new products. The exhibition will produce positive business-to-business relationship between exhibitors and visitors.
Theme: Giant Stride for Women Entrepreneurs
Venue: NACCIMA House, 8A, Oba Akinjobi Road, GRA Ikeja
Date: August 29, 2018 – September 1, 2018
Time: 10:04AM – 05:04 PM
- Opening Ceremony
- Networking and Dinner
- Raffle Draws
- Skill Acquisition