Give yourself a treat with this healthy and chewy, fudgy, sticky delicacy made with fresh guavas. Guava cheese makes a great dessert and can be eaten with sandwiches and toasts.
- 1 kg guava
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Sugar (depends on your taste)
How to Make Guava Cheese
- Wash your guavas and cut into 4 from an end. Do not remove the skin.
- Slice off the seeds and chop into small pieces.
- Place the chopped guavas in a cooking pan and add water to cover.
- Cook until soft and strain through a cloth, squeezing and keeping the pulp for the cheese.
- Make jam with the pulp, by mixing 4 cups pulp to 2 tbsp lemon juice and your desired quantity of sugar.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring to avoid scorching, till it leaves the sides of the pan and forms a ball.
- Spread on to a greased plate to set. Cut into squares and store in an airtight jar.
- Your guava cheese is ready.