Applesauce is refreshing, delicious and easy to make. It can be used as desserts, a snack or light lunch, with ice creams or yoghurts, or as a garnish to roast meat (pairs well with pork chops). It can also be substituted for butter, oil or eggs in baking.
- 1 kg apples
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon (dalchini)
- 1 cup of water
How to Prepare
- Peel, core and chop apples. Put in a heavy-bottomed saucepan with water.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 12 to 15 minutes till apples soften. Do not let the apples burn.
- Mash them a bit to make them pulpy.
- Stir in the lemon, sugar and cinnamon and cook a little more. Then allow it to cool.
- Mash with a fork or transfer mixture to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Serve warm or chilled.