The Nigeria Scrabble national team have arrived in Kenya for the 13th edition of the Africa Scrabble Championship (ASC), which will take off from Thursday, November 29, 2018 to Sunday, December 2, 2018.
Speaking to NAN in Abuja, the Technical Director of the Nigeria Scrabble Federation, Farouq Baba-Inna, said the 11-man delegate team to the ASC was accompanied by the Chairman of the federation, Chief Olobatoke Aka.
The Team (World Rank)
- Wellington Jighere (2015 World Champion, ranked no. 8)
- Eta Karo (ranked no. 9)
- Moses Peter (ranked no. 14)
- Dennis Ikekeregor (ranked no. 22)
- Olatunde Oduwole (ranked no. 42)
- Nsikan Etim (ranked no. 50)
- Curtis John (ranked no. 102)
- Raymond Gbaraba (ranked no. 123)
- Oyebola Alli (ranked no. 143)
- Osikhena Ojior (ranked no. 188)
- Oyeleke Oluwaseun (ranked no. 299)
According to Baba-Inna, four players from the team presently in Kenya will join Ayorinde Saidu currently ranked No. 13 in the world, at the Alchemist Cup of Nations in Malaysia.
Karo, Moses, Oduwole, Nsikan and Saidu will make up Nigeria’s delegation to the ACN scheduled to begin from Wednesday, December 5, 2018 to Sunday, December 9, 2018.