Nigerian Agidi Jollof is a delicious meal enjoyed by almost all. It is made with corn flour (cornstarch). You can easily buy corn starch from the market or process yours at home. To do so, you parboil the corn, grind it, sieve it and allow some time to settle to get the cornstarch.
Let’s try out this special agidi jollof recipe.
- Cornstarch (the type used to make pap)
- Soft Marrow bones (you can also use minced meat or mashed boneless fish)
- Vegetable oil
- Fresh tomatoes
- Scotch bonnet/atarodo pepper
- Red bell pepper/ tatashe
- Seasoning cubes
How to Prepare:
- First make your stew (blend the tomatoes, onions and peppers to make your puree, place a pot on heat, add some vegetable and pour in the tomato puree).
- Add the soft bone marrows, minced meat or mashed boneless fish and the seasoning cubes.
- Cook until stew is ready and set aside. If you already had stew, you can use that too, thus skipping steps 1 to 3.
- Add water in a pot and allow to boil very well till it begins to bubble.
- Dissolve the cornstarch with little lukewarm water in a clean dry pot and then pour the hot water into the pot until the mixture becomes thick and looks look like pap. Stir well to avoid lumps.
- Add the stew bit by bit, until you get your desired taste and colour.
- Scoop the mixture into a container and leave to cool a bit.
- Your Agidi Jollof is ready.