Xiaomi, a Chinese company founded in 2010 by two friends- Lei Jun and Lin Bin celebrated its 9th anniversary in April 11, 2019 where MI fans (the logo for Xiaomi) celebrated its progress especially with the news of its official launch in the country. Before then, MI fans have had to ship for its new phones directly while they wait several days to get it.
Xiaomi is currently the world’s fourth-largest smartphone brand, and has established the world’s largest consumer IoT platform with smartphones and smart hardware. The brand aims at creating the most user-centric Mobile Internet company for its users and has come with so much progress over 9 years with the latest talked about Redmi series (Redmi Note 7 and Redmi 7) launched in the country.
Earlier in the year, Xiaomi established an African Regional Department with Jumia to take on the African smartphone market starting with Nigeria. In an interview with Juliet Anammah, Chief Executive Officer of Jumia Nigeria, she said “the launch of Redmi Note 7 is coming at a time when Nigeria is mentioned among seven countries that would contribute 700 million new mobile subscribers to hit the six billion mobile subscribers mark in the world by 2025. The availability of honest price point smartphones such as Xiaomi will deepen smartphone penetration in the country and help the country in meeting its four per cent quota of the 700 million new global mobile subscribers, as predicted by GSMA Intelligence”. Listed below are the specs of the Redmi 7 and Note 7 series available on the Jumia store:
- 12MP+2MP AI Dual Camera
- 8MP selfie camera
- Comet Blue, Lunar Red, and Eclipse Black
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 632
- 2GB+16GB / 3GB+32GB / 3GB+64GB
- 6.26″ LCD Dot Drop Display
- 4000mAh(typ)/ 3900mAh (min)
- 1.25μm large pixels
- 12μm large pixels
- Face recognition
- Fingerprint sensor
- Height: 158.73mm Width: 75.58mm
- Thickness: 8.47mm and Weight: 180g
Redmi Note 7
- 3 storage configuration of 3GB+ 32GB, 4GB + 64GB, 4GB + 128GB
- 48MP + 5MP AI dual rear camera
- 13MP selfie camera that supports face recognition.
- 2340 x 1080 resolution that keeps clarity down to the smallest details.
- 6.3″ Dot Drop display
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on both the front screen and back casing for protection
- Waterproof side buttons for everyday accidents.
- Built-in 4000mAh battery that supports the Qualcomm Quick Charge 4 Technology
- Height: 159.21mm Width: 75.21mm
- Thickness: 8.1mm Weight: 186g
- 2 nano sim card slots supports 4G, 3G AND 2G
- Fingerprint sensor
- 1.6μm Super Pixel and producing a high quality 12MP nightscape photo
- Colours: Space black, Neptune blue and Nebula red colors.
- 18 months warranty (first of its kind in the industry).
Xiaomi is committed to continuous innovation, with an unwavering focus on quality and efficiency. The company relentlessly builds amazing products with honest prices to let everyone in the world enjoy a better life through innovative technology. With the official launch, it is predicted that it would challenge the Transsion Company (owners of Tecno, Infinix and Itel) which currently owns the Nigerian smartphone market with its products.
Featured image source: Xiamo