Connect with us
publiseer logo

TECH

Publiseer, Nigeria’s Digital Content Distribution Platform, Selected As Finalist For The Halycon Incubator Fellowship In Washington, D.C.

PUBLISEER, NIGERIA’S DIGITAL CONTENT DISTRIBUTION PLATFORM, SELECTED AS FINALIST FOR THE HALCYON INCUBATOR FELLOWSHIP IN WASHINGTON, D.C.

Nigerian digital content distribution platform, Publiseer, was founded by identical twin brothers,
Chidi Nwaogu and Chika Nwaogu , who are computer programmers and Internet entrepreneurs. They are solution driven which gives them the utmost satisfaction to create extraordinary, out of the normal fixes, which influence people and the lives they live on the daily. Out of 423 applications received for the incubation program, the social venture has emerged one of the top 16 finalists competing for 8 spots in Cohort 11 Halcyon Incubator’s Fall 2019 Fellowship. 

The Halcyon Incubator program equips early-stage social entrepreneurs with the support they need to transform audacious ideas into scalable and sustainable ventures and change the world and has partnered with some of the leading firms in the community to advise and directly support the fellows’ ventures.

The Halcyon Incubator is committed to solving 21st-century challenges throughout the world, by helping social entrepreneurs transform audacious ideas into scalable and sustainable ventures. The Halcyon Incubator acts as a catalyst for measurable social outcomes. It’s perhaps the most immersive incubator in the world that focuses on both social impact and profit.

During this 18-month fellowship, a diverse cohort of fellows receives free residency and workspace, mentorship and leadership coaching, robust support from business consultants, and a living stipend to develop their entrepreneurial vision into reality. Fellows, which are the founders of the incubated ventures, receive five-month rent-free housing in Washington, D.C., a $10,000 stipend, and access to a network of mentors, advisors, investors, and supporters. The next cohort application will be open in August, you can stay informed here.

Publiseer is a digital content distribution platform that lets independent African writers and musicians, typically from low-income communities to publish, protect, distribute and monetize their creative works on over 400 well-established digital platforms in 100 countries, at no charge, with just a single click.

The idea for the application was conceived when each of the brothers wrote a song and a book and could not get any publisher to publish the book and promote their song without asking for money. Eventually, they decided to self-promote themselves on hundreds of platforms and music streaming websites and then decided to start a publishing company for struggling writers to get their work seen in the global space. Today, they maintain an excellent standard in promoting the amazing creativity and beautiful heritage of Africans through books and music and they in turn get profit by sharing revenue derived from sales of any book, audiobook, song or music video. Publiseer gets 25 percent of the revenue while the artists keeps the remaining 75 percent. The platform has been able to partner with Amazon, Google Play, Apple store, Deezer and Barnes & Noble and also gotten inducted into the International Publishing Distribution Association ( IPDA), making it the first and only African publisher to be inducted into this organization.

The digital content distribution platform for independent African creatives from low-income communities will pitch before the Selections Committee on Tuesday, May 14th, to secure a spot in the Fellowship. 

SOURCE:

Halcyon house

Ventures Africa

Featured image source: Publiseer

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Aanuoluwapo Olajide

Aanuoluwapo Olajide is a freelance writer who believes that words are fundamental blocks as well as carry the force of life and death. She is a tech enthusiast, fashion designer and a lover of words. You can get in touch with her on her Instagram handle @anujide

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

Did You Know?

Events

Discover Nigeria

Career

Tourism

To Top