The most populous black nation is home to some of the popular music acts the globe has seen, stars like Davido, Wizkid, Tiwa Savage, Olamide and a host of others are currently on top of their game, putting Nigeria and Africa on the global map.
On Friday, July 19, 2019, famous world music act Beyonce Knowles released her new album titled The Lion King: The Gift which features top Nigerian artists namely Wizkid, Tiwa Savage, Burna Boy, Yemi Alade, Tekno and Mr Eazi.
Beyonce’s new album is a 14 track hit which also features other African stars like Shatta Wale from Ghana, Busiswa from South Africa, Salatiel, and Moonchild Sanelly. The singer’s husband, Jay Z, her daughter Blue Ivy, Kendrick Lamar, Childish Gambino, Pharrell, Tierra Whack, and 070 Shake are some of the stars also featured in the album.
- ‘Brown Skin Girl’ (Wizkid, Blue Ivy, Beyonce, Saint Jhn),
- ‘Keys to the Kingdom’ (featuring Tiwa Savage and Mr. Eazi),
- Tekno, Yemi Alade, and Mr. Eazi did justice to the ‘Don’t Jealous Me’ track
- Self-acclaimed African Giant, Burnaboy, and Beyonce collaborated for ‘Ja Ara E.’ ‘
- My Power’ features Busiswa, Yemi Alade, Moonchild Sanelly, and Tierra Whack
- The ‘Water’ track also had Salatiel, Pharrell and Beyonce doing some melody.
The soundtrack is a love letter to Africa. I wanted to make sure we found the best talent from Africa. Not just use some of the sounds and do my interpretation of it. I wanted it to be authentic about what is beautiful about the music in Africa.Beyonce
[The album] features a beautiful, multi-genre symphony, steeped in African influences from various corners of the Continent, with unexpected collaborations, pulsating rhythms and crisp production that celebrate the African diaspora. This love letter to Africa highlights the setting of the film, rooted in African culture and wondrous narratives.Disney
Featured Image Source: Primenewsghana