Are you a young Digital Artists and Storytellers?
Here is an opportunity to move your art to the next level with the third edition of ColabNowNow.
The British Council invites young digital creatives to take part in this edition of the ColabNowNow in partnership with Maputo Fast Forward and Fak’ugesi African Digital Innovation Festivals.
ColabNowNow has been developed as a space for the leading minds in digital art in Africa and the UK to connect, collaborate, and learn from each other in a safe, supportive, and enabling the environment.
The digital program targeted at the young Africans and the UK creatives will select 11 digital artists from Africa and the UK to develop innovative digital artworks through collaborative artmaking and storytelling.
The program is open to selected countries in Africa, including Nigeria.
Applications are open to artists and storytellers working in digital media who are aged 18-35 living in Africa or the UK.
- Artists can include but are not limited to: visual/graphic artists, architects, technical artists, programmers/coders, music/sound artists, performers and animators.
- Storytellers can include but are not limited to: writers, photographers, filmmakers, videographers, bloggers and vloggers.
You must live in and have a valid passport from one of the eligible countries.
You must be available to travel to Johannesburg 3-8 September and Maputo 2-12 October – including travel time before and after said dates. Full attendance is required.
Previous selected ColabNowNow creatives are not eligible to apply.
Some of the supports and benefits of the program include:
- Creatives will receive artistic and technical support from two facilitators, who will work with the creatives to develop complex collaborative works in both their conceptual and technical forms.
- All travel, accommodation, meals and VISA costs are covered by the British Council.
- Artists will be paid a fee of 500 GBP for their participation.
- A technical and installation budget is available for the collective use of the ColabNowNow team.
It is FULLY FUNDED!
Applications are to be submitted on or before 24 July 2019.
Featured image source: Mladiinfo