Still on the series of the month–Coding/Programming Startups, I will be sharing some information about an African focused startup with the sole mission of solving Africa’s grandest challenges. Stay with me as we delve a little deeper into what they do, how they do it and the motivating factor for their actions.
Launched on July 1, 2018, Zone Tech Park is the brainchild of Bolaji Olagunju, a serial entrepreneur, Founder and CEO of The Workforce Group, Nigeria’s leading Human Resources Company. Zone Tech Park is a free co-working space for start-ups with an in-house engineering team of over 20 software developers and designers, and entire finance, legal, marketing, sales and fundraising teams. It is a startup on a mission to build other startups
Speaking on the need that birth Zone Tech, Bolaji said,
“African startups are faced with significant challenges that hinder their growth. Zone Tech will change the status quo and help individuals and their businesses to realise their full potential through education, venture building and strategic enterprise support.”-Bolaji Olagunju
To support the mission of Zone Tech, a whooping sum of $6.5 million was invested in Zone Tech Park to build the infrastructure and environment needed to help African startups scale and compete globally.
Zone Tech as a venture builder for African B2B (Business to Business) tech startups help great founders build great products and great companies through the following:
- Building Great Products
Zone Tech Park builds world-class products for ideas generated by the in-house teams, or for external clients & corporates looking to execute a project.
- Shipping to Market
They help founders and clients ship products to market at great speeds.
- Engineer Traction
They connect ventures with their 300+ corporate partners. These transformational partnerships open up new sales and development opportunities, helping to accelerate venture growth. This support is bolstered by the innovation partnerships they forge with big businesses.
Toro Orero, CEO of Zone Tech Park, speaking on the unique selling point of Zone Tech, said,
“We are not another co-working space, we build companies. With the wealth of corporate clientele at our disposal, we have hit the ground running and are already building world-class products, and hosting great startups.”
Products launched by Zone Tech Park:
- Peerless: Peerless is an electronic learning management system, built to help people and organizations develop and manage talents, organizational knowledge assets, train stakeholders and accelerate their workforce.
- NativeSmart: NativeSmart was created to enable anyone learns anything in their native language. Hence solving the biggest barrier to learning in Africa – Language.
- Outwork: Outwork operates an online platform where organizations can get work done by seamlessly engaging the right people to get it done. Tasks can be executed anywhere in the country with Outwork.
- AllDayHR: AllDayHR is a web-based and mobile-friendly suite of apps for logging client’s staffing requests, sourcing for candidates, recruitment, payroll and managing outsourced staff.Cluster: Cluster helps banked customers find and get information on the dispensing status of nearby ATMs
Benefits Enjoyed by Startups
- Startups will have direct access to more than 400 domestic and international corporations who are clients of the WorkForce.
- Access to shared services, such as physical facilities, legal advice, finance expertise, talent acquisition and introductions to corporate clientele.
Do you have a great idea you’d love to work with Zone Tech on? Fill out this form.
Click on the Share button to share with your friends and comment on the post to tell us what topics you’d like to know about.
Zone Tech Park
Featured Image Source: Guardian NG