TECNO is the premium mobile phone brand of TRANSSION Holdings with a comprehensive mobile device portfolio that cuts across feature phones, smartphones and tablets. As a brand, TECNO is dedicated to transforming state-of-the-art technologies into localized products under the guideline of “Think Globally, Act Locally”. Established in 2006, it is now one of the top three mobile phone brands in Africa and a major player worldwide.
Just this last week, one of Africa’s most preferred smartphone brand, TECNO launched a new device under its camera-centric flagship, the Camon smartphone series. The new device, which is a testament of the brand’s improvement and development of smartphone photography comes with a number of enhanced features that in many ways validates the brand’s ability to always raise the bar with every device it releases into the Nigerian mobile market.
Speaking at the Launch held in Lagos, PR and Strategic Partnership Manager Jesse Oguntimehin stated that:
The Camon 12 is more than just any device, it is the device. It comes with a lot of physical and inbuilt upgrades from the Camon 11 launched last year, ranging from its look and feel, to its camera, to its security feature upgrade, the brand has it all covered.
The Camon 12 series is the 7th generation of the Camon Series and is powered by MediaTek’s Helio P22 chipset which makes possible Smart AI imaging, AI Camera, reliable connectivity and power efficiency. With this device, TECNO is unlocking a new era of smartphone photography with the following upgraded features:
Nebula gradient inspired look
Coming a few months after revealing its new philosophy for users to Expect More in terms of creativity and quality; the Camon 12, comes with a nebula gradient glossy back that gives it an extraordinary look and feel unlike other devices in its flagship line and would be available in three colour options a Bordeaux Red variant, an Aqua Blue variant and a Midnight Black variant, which gives users a line of choices to pick from when making a device choice.
Mobile photography for more
The Camon 12 Pro gives users more in terms of smartphone photography with the following features:
- 32 MP and dual front
flash, which solves the problem of lowlight selfies.
- The device also comes with an upgraded Beauty mode, which has an advanced 3D stereoscopic facial beauty to make your selfie more natural and charming. The beauty mode also expands its scope to body beauty and video beauty.
- Far from the usual Selfie DNA of the Camon Series, the Camon 12 spots an AI Triple Rear Camera set of 16MP+2MP+8MP.
- Remarkable Bokeh effect and figure shaping with the AI camera
- Up to 120° super wide-angle shots and 2cm extreme macro photography experience, making it possible for the camera’s output to capture the littlest of details when taking pictures with the device’s camera.
- Bluetooth 5.0 which makes connecting one device to another easier and transferring files faster
- 360o seamless fingerprint unlock
- 4G LTE capacity for smooth high-speed browsing
- Sizeable 3,500mAh Battery.
- Size Variants
The new device comes in three size variants:
- The CAMON 12 with a 64GB ROM+ 4GB RAM (16 MP selfie camera),
- The CAMON 12 Pro with a 64GB ROM + 6GB RAM (32 MP selfie camera)
- The CAMON 12 Air with a 32GB ROM + 3GB RAM (8 MP selfie camera).
- Height: 158.6 mm
- Width: 75.5mm
- Thickness: 7.8mm
- 6.4” FHD (Full High Definition) with 91% edge-to-edge ratio for a theatre-like experience.
- 720*1548 Display
- Newest version of AndroidTM 9 Pie & HiOS 5.5
The Camon 12 will start selling for NGN47,500 from 6th of September 2019. Camon 12 Air and Camon 12 Pro will be available soon.
Click on the share button in the article to share with your friends and drop a comment on this post to tell us what topics or opportunities you would like to know or read about here
Featured Image Source: Techweez